So, what are the 10 best body toning exercises that you can do? By performing muscle toning exercises you will improve your muscular strength, increase lean muscle mass and improve muscular endurance. Put simply, toning exercises are a great way to build up strength and tone up your body. Toning exercises are a fantastic addition to your exercise routine and a great way to boost weight loss. Toning exercises have so many health benefits associated with them. Improving muscular tone will promote strong bones, therefore reducing your risk of osteoporosis and toning exercises will also increase endurance and strength, allowing you to perform daily tasks with ease.
So, what kind of toning exercises can you do? Well, resistance bands, stability balls, kettlebells and free weights are all great toning exercises. By incorporating toning exercises into your exercise routine, you will be strengthening your muscular frame, decreasing your body weight and improving your cardiovascular endurance. By reducing your body weight, you will be benefitting your heart, joints and skeletal system. Toning exercises build lean muscle mass, and people will lean bodies have more stamina, increased energy and improved flexibility. Staying fit and healthy will also reduce your risk of heart disease and other diseases such as diabetes.
10 of the best toning exercises you can do!:
- Plank – work on your inner core muscles to tone up your tummy! Get yourself into a push up position, with your forearms on the ground. Squeeze your glutes and abdominals, while keeping your body in a straight line from head to toe. Hold this position.
- Bicep curls – sleek and slender arms! Holding a weight in your hand, slowly curl your forearm towards your shoulder and repeat.
- Tricep dips – banish those bingo wings! Plant your hands firmly on a chair behind you, about shoulder width apart, and slowly lower your body down to the floor. You can bend your knees to make this easier.
- Oblique sit ups – get that 6 pack! Sit with your back flat to the floor with your hands at your temples, raise your knees up off the ground. Perform the exercise by bringing your opposite elbow to your opposite knee in a lateral movement.
- Sit ups - another way to a killer stomach! Sit with your back flat to the floor and your knees upright with feet flat on the floor. Slowly bring your torso towards your knees, tensing your stomach muscles.
- Lunges – tone up your legs! Place your hands on your hips and make an exaggerated but controlled step forward on one leg. Return to start position and repeat with the other leg.
- Push ups – another way to beautiful arms. Lie flat on your stomach and place your hands flat on the floor, about shoulder width apart. Raise yourself up so that your elbows are at right angles and then lower yourself back down. You can do this with your knees bent to make it easier.
- Kettle bells – a whole body tone up! If you have a kettlebell you can work through your recommended exercises.
- Squats – the easy way to a peachy posterior. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and hold both arms out straight in front of you. Lower your body down (as if about to sit into a chair) until you feel your stomach muscles tighten, and hold this for 5 seconds. Repeat.
- Back extension - stretch and tone your back muscles! Lie flat on the floor with your ankles together. With your hands at your temples and arms out straight, raise your torso up a few inches. You will feel your back and stomach muscles tightening.
The benefit's from toning exercises:
- Reduce your resting heart rate
- Decrease probability of contracting Type 2 diabetes and heart disease by improving fitness
- Increase HDL (good) cholesterol levels in your blood
- Increase strength of entire immune system
- Improve mood and mental stability
- Improve posture, balance and coordination
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
- Improve muscular strength, lean muscle mass and muscular endurance
- Boost weight loss
- Improve flexibility