It can be easy to forget about your health checks, especially if you have no symptoms or pain.
But when it comes to health, prevention and awareness could save your life.
Bodies need an MOT/NCT too. So to make it easier, use your printable Health Checklist to plan and organise your appointments, and jog your memory this year.
Benefits of health checks
- Prevent conditions such as diabetes, high cholesterol, cervical cancer and tooth decay.
- Early detection can give you a greater chance of recovery.
- Be less vulnerable to long and short term illness.
- Minimise disruption to your life or work.
- Detect possible life-threatening illnesses before they become untreatable.
- Less chance of surgery or radical treatments.
- Live longer!
How to use the Health and Wellbeing Checklist
Print the PDF Health checklist and place it somewhere you will see it often.
Talk to your GP about what you and your family need to get checked.
Make the appointments and fill in your checklist.
If a follow up is needed, fill the date in as soon as you get it.
Use the blank sections to note other appointments you may need, such as mental health checks, sexual health tests and pregnancy/fertility related check-ups.